Install Turbo C in Windows 7 with Dosbox Configuration
Learn How To Configure and Install Turbo C in Windows 7 with Dosbox configuration too. Turbo C Software is a Beginner Programmer’s First Preference. With latest advancements in Microsoft Windows versions, it is a little difficult to Install Turbo C in Windows. We have written down complete steps to Download, Install and Configure Turbo C Software in Windows Environment.
If you’re a beginner in C programming, check this article for C Programming IDE and Softwares that are very popular in the programming community.
Turbo C was introduced in 1987 by Borland is a discontinued Integrated Development Environment and Compiler for C Programming Language. Borland Turbo C Software had a small size, fast speed and comprehensive manuals. In 1990, the Turbo C was replaced with Turbo C++. Further, Borland reintroduced Turbo Moniker.
Must Read: Download C Compiler for Android Phones
Turbo C and Turbo C++ works fine in Windows XP and previous versions. However, in Windows 7/8/8.1/10, it is required to manually configure Turbo C Software. It is because Turbo C is 16-bit architecture based software and nowadays processors are of 64-bit architecture.
Install Turbo C in Windows 7
If you have a Windows XP OS, you can download Windows 7 Turbo C Software here. After you have downloaded the Turbo C IDE, you need to install Dosbox to Run Turbo C in Windows 7/8/8.1/10.
DosBox is an open – source emulator software to run old programs and games. It basically helps to execute DOS based programs. You can Download Dosbox from here.
Configure Turbo C and DosBox in Windows 7
Dosbox allows you to run Turbo C software in a full – screen width. You should follow the below steps to run Turbo C in Windows OS.
- Install DosBox Software that you have downloaded previously.
- Create a folder named Turbo in C: drive.
- Copy entire Turbo C / Turbo C++ software in this folder.
- Execute DosBox application by double clicking on it.
- You would be presented with two different screens. Select the one which has Z> prompt written on it.
- Type the following commands in it:
- Mount X C:\Turbo
- Mount D C:\Turbo\TC
- cd Bin
- The last command TC will execute your Turbo C software. You will be presented with a normal blue screen. To increase the size of the window, press Alt + Enter. Now, the Turbo C IDE will run in Full – Screen.
- Go to Options Menu (Press Alt + O), select Directories and change the Include and Library directory such that they contain the following entries:
When you run your first C program, there are chances that you may get an error in Turbo C such as –
Turbo C Error: function printf() should have a prototype
To solve this error, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Options Menu
- Select C++ Options
- Select .CPP extension instead of C++ Always
Just in case you have any errors or doubts in Configuring and Installing Turbo C in Windows 7 or with DosBox in Windows 7, let us know about it in the Comment Section below.